Happy Saturday with Postal Museum Family Day SpongeBob Mailbox! The Family Fun Day event today at the Smithsonian Postal Museum includes meeting SpongeBob SquarePants, a Stamp Collecting Station and Post Card Writing Station. Love how they are advertising the event today – “Be there or be square!”
“This festival is inspired by the 2013 “SpongeBob MailPants” partnership between Nickelodeon and the U.S. Postal Service, a scholastic letter-writing program that used SpongeBob to show kids the fun of writing, sending and receiving mail.”
“Family Day with Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants also celebrates the induction of a special-edition SpongeBob SquarePants mailbox into the museum’s education collection June 24. The Postal Service stationed 30 of these colorful mailboxes throughout 13 U.S. cities in 2013 through 2014 as part of the SpongeBob MailPants program.”
I’ve included a photo from @PostalMuseum tweet showing the unveiling yesterday, June 24.
Postal Museum Hosting Family Day With SpongeBob SquarePants
The June 25th planned activities from 10am – 5 pm today include:
- Meet SpongeBob SquarePants Costume Character,
- “Greetings From Bikini Bottom” Post Card Writing Station – It is fun to read that “The museum will be providing special pre-paid SpongeBob SquarePants postcards. Visitors are encouraged to send notes to friends and loved ones describing their fabulous “beach” trip, or just a simple hello.”
- SpongeBob SquarePants Episode Screenings,
- Beach Games,
- National Zoo Corner,
- SpongeBob SquarePants Photo Booth,
- Sand Castle Station,
- Coral Reef Community Mural, and
- Stamp Collecting Station – It is worth nothing that “Visitors can select up to six free stamps to create their own topical stamp collection. Museum staff and volunteers will help children find stamps related to the ocean, wildlife, cartoon characters or other popular categories.”
The sole sponsor of the event is Viacom. To read the entire Smithsonian Newsdesk News Release for today click here.
From 2013 here is a short video of the transformation to “SpongeBob Mailpants” Mailbox.
Thank you for joining me today for Postal Museum Family Day SpongeBob Mailbox.
Wishing you a Best Day Ever today! You’ll want to check out this article about “The SpongeBob Musical” that plays through July 10 in Chicago.
Join me tomorrow for my Sunday blog post here at AnchoredScraps.com.
Postal Museum Family Day SpongeBob Mailbox Attribution
& Thank you to those referenced today
Image above upper left SpongeBob MailPants Animation Magazine Nick Teams with USPS for SpongeBob MailPants December 5, 2013 by Mercedes Milligan
Excerpt Smithsonian Newsdesk News Release June 14, 2016 National Postal Museum To Host Family Day With Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants, June 25 Event Features Appearances by SpongeBob SquarePants Costume Character
YouTube “SpongeBob Mailpants” Mailbox posted by FunShareMedia – published on Dec 10, 2013 “NICKELODEON AND THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE TEAM UP FOR ‘SPONGEBOB MAILPANTS’ LETTER WRITING PROGRAM”
Link to YouTube – Spongebob Best Day Ever CD Music Video Viacom posted by the The Unofficial SpongeBob Channel April 12, 2016
Link to Chicago Tribune article – How SpongeBob SquarePants got his own musical in Chicago June 02, 2016 by Chris Jones – Contract Reporter