Back on July 9th I introduced ‘Paul’s Fountain Pen Journal (Paul Erano) here on AnchoredScraps.com! For a few weeks now I’ve been enjoying carrying around the latest issue: Volume 1 Issue 3 which had arrived in the mail and it is fantastic!
Issue 1.3 (Summer 2015)
Attribution: Issue 1.3 (Summer 2015) Cover of The Fountain Pen Journal (Paul Erano).
This is the link to the FountainPenJournal.
I love looking through all of the quarter-page ads in the magazine and to see the different advertisers that have to do with fountain pens. The art work shown in this magazine is simply wonderful!
There were two articles by Paul Erano that I really enjoyed: Another wonderful article on the Black Pen Society that has me interested in joining, and the “Engraving & Personalized Inscriptions on Vintage Fountain Pens” article – Wow!
- Interview with artist Marta Torres-Quinones <- The article wanted me to read more
- Attracting Millenials to the hobby. Erin Escobar <-This was very encouraging to read “Coming of Age in the era of cheap”
- A.T. Cross & the Century ballpoint pen. Paul Erano <–Yes, those Cross pens, you probably have one!
- Good Service (Parker) Golden Jubilee fountain pen. David Isaacson <-It is entitled “50th Anniversary fountain pen for Sears, Roebuck & Co.”
- Essay: The Medium is the message. Nicholas Ayo <– This is a great read!
You can still order an issue, and this is a golden opportunity to subscribe now and be ahead of things when the next issue arrives!
Thank you to Paul Erano for his “Paul’s Fountain Pen Journal” who is referenced in today’s blog post.
Here’s to our looking at what we use when writing our letters!