Do you enjoy adding stamps to your collection you use for putting onto your letters that you write to add some flair and variety?
It is fun to read that there is some information on the new stamps
for 2016 (first half) – especially getting to see a summary of their images on the Virtual Stamp Club web site.
They have really done a great job of putting all of the images together in this article from August entitled: Quick Gallery of 2016 U.S. Issues
- A stamp for the Lunar New Year with Year of the Monkey Forever stamp, this is 9th in a series;
- a stamp honoring Richard Allen, Founder of African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church;
- a stamp celebrating Sarah Vaughan, based on oil portrait;
- a beautiful Quilled Paper Heart (U.S. 2016);
- a stamp for Jaime Escalante, Educator,
- a set of 10 Forever Botanical Art (U.S. 2016) (Names of the flowers this issue (Top row from left: Corn lilies, Tulips, Stocks, Roses, Petunias; and Bottom Row from left: Tulips, Dahlias, Japanese Iris, Tulips, Daffodils and Jonquils)
- a stamp celebrating the 200th anniversary of Indiana’s Statehood (format: pane of 20);
- a stamp commemorating the 250th anniversary of the Repeal of the Stamp Act, 1776;
- and a set of twenty First-Class Forever Stamps of pets.
This week being the second week of the month of November means there will be the local Stamp Club Meeting – and I’m really looking forward to the planned auction – you never know what is going to appear for bidding! I’m on the lookout for stamps that I can use on my snail mail for adding some extra pizzazz. And now we know about some stamps coming in 2016 to be on the lookout. Stay tuned for more to come!
Attribution & Thank you to the following who are referenced today —
Articles: Quick Gallery of 2016 U.S. Issues August 20, 2015 by Virtual Stamp Club and links as shown above to each of the individual stamps listed at their site.
Twitter: November 09 @USPSStamps Tweet